The Department of Gastro Medical provides best edge care to people with disorders of the digestive system, liver, pancreas and the biliary tree.
We combine an advanced subspecialty expertise with technology and an emphasis on access and quality.
We perform diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic procedures in state-of-the-art facilities.
Excellent clinical expertise is integrated with the latest forms of established and experimental diagnostic and therapeutic methods.
Outpatients and patients in the hospital are cared for by a team of highly experienced Gastroenterologists with broad expertise in all forms of gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary diseases with excellent support from the blood bank, intensive care, surgical gastroenterology and interventional radiology.
We specialize in the evaluation and treatment of patients with various gastrointestinal and liver disorders.
The various diseases being treated in this department include:
- Viral hepatitis B and C
- Alcoholic liver disease
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Acute and chronic pancreatitis
- Malabsorption and chronic diarrhoea
- Gastrointestinal cancers
- Gallstone related disease
- Gastrointestinal infections including tuberculosis
- Peptic ulcer disease
The Department of Gastroenterology is well-equipped with state-of-the-art, latest, upper and lower GI endoscopes and availability of digital documentation of patient details.
Therapeutic Upper and Lower GI endoscopy procedures being done at the department include:
- Endoscopic varices ligation (Banding)
- Oesophageal stricture dilatation
- Stenting of malignant esophageal strictures
- Treatment of Achalasia cardia
- Treatment of bleeding peptic ulcers
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
- Gastric variceal glue injection
- Endoscopic removal of foreign bodies
- Dilatation of strictures
ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio-Pancreatograpy):
It is a unique service being offered by the Department of Gastroenterology. The various applications of ERCP in patient care include:
- Non - surgical management of common bile duct stones
- Biliary and pancreatic ductal stenting
- Management of Biliary Ascariasis
- Biliary metal stenting for bile duct cancers
- Dilatation and stenting of bile duct stricture
- Staging Esophageal Tumors
- Diagnosis Submucosal Lesions
- Diagnosis Pancreatico-Biliary Disease
- Pseudocyst Drainage
- Staging Rectal Tumours
It is to detect obscure GI Bleed.
F1 endoscopy/colonoscopy and ERCP with C-ARM
MANOMETRY - MOTILITY LAB
- Imedence Manometry